General discussions of all things in Sword of Shadows
Post a reply

servers merge?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:11 pm

when will be the merge of Asia Pacific servers? some servers are becoming ghost town

Re: servers merge?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:34 am

Greetings:

Dear player. Thanks for your contact. We will record your suggestion to up team and you could just pay attention to the official website. Any other questions you could ask us freely.

Best regards
SOS Support Team

Re: servers merge?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Merging would definitely break the game. Look what happened to MU Origin and Age of Wushu dynasty.
Learn from the past.

Re: servers merge?

Fri May 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Sagittarius wrote:Merging would definitely break the game. Look what happened to MU Origin and Age of Wushu dynasty.
Learn from the past.

I didn't play those games you've mentioned. and how would it break the game by merging?

Re: servers merge?

Sat May 06, 2017 11:18 am

GaldousGOD wrote:
Sagittarius wrote:Merging would definitely break the game. Look what happened to MU Origin and Age of Wushu dynasty.
Learn from the past.

I didn't play those games you've mentioned. and how would it break the game by merging?


Why you ask? Easy to answer
Say you played on a new server.
You reached 70
And your around rank 20-30 on your server.

Then..... MERGE

You log on and see the merge. You think cool more people to play with? Check your rank. Your rank 200 now. You think what happened.

Your server active time 4weeks.
Server you merged with active time 12 weeks.

8week gap between players that can't be made up.
People stop playing. People get frustrated that they die 1 hit from other lvl 70s
Cant farm because strong players kill you and steal farm locations.
More people leave.
They keep merge more servers.
People keep leaving due to server merge.
Merge all servers.
All players who merged due to lose of numbers left.
Server population less then 90% and decreasing due to merge.

Way to fix this. Simple. Cross server dungoens. They do that already.
Cross function arena. They do that already

No need for merge just add cross server functions easy fix

Re: servers merge?

Mon May 15, 2017 2:26 am

Vliros wrote:
GaldousGOD wrote:
Sagittarius wrote:Merging would definitely break the game. Look what happened to MU Origin and Age of Wushu dynasty.
Learn from the past.

I didn't play those games you've mentioned. and how would it break the game by merging?


Why you ask? Easy to answer
Say you played on a new server.
You reached 70
And your around rank 20-30 on your server.

Then..... MERGE

You log on and see the merge. You think cool more people to play with? Check your rank. Your rank 200 now. You think what happened.

Your server active time 4weeks.
Server you merged with active time 12 weeks.

8week gap between players that can't be made up.
People stop playing. People get frustrated that they die 1 hit from other lvl 70s
Cant farm because strong players kill you and steal farm locations.
More people leave.
They keep merge more servers.
People keep leaving due to server merge.
Merge all servers.
All players who merged due to lose of numbers left.
Server population less then 90% and decreasing due to merge.

Way to fix this. Simple. Cross server dungoens. They do that already.
Cross function arena. They do that already

No need for merge just add cross server functions easy fix

While that's true, what about the server itself having a single controlling guild? Wouldn't that be boring during conquest? Cross dungeons is good. Cross PvP is good too.. But they should probably implement something like alliance. It will help with smaller guilds banding together against a big controlling guild and gives more fighting chance during conquest.

And just for haters, I don't come from the small guilds. I'm currently 'residing' in the strongest guild in A&P S3 Dragon Claw. We are only encountering some small hiccups with another guild, and although they are just about a 100k total guild might below us, they don't give us much challenge.. Maybe only some thrashing challenge on world/nearby chat, but other than that, nothing at all. Not even in realms.

What are you thoughts about this?

Re: servers merge?

Mon May 15, 2017 3:04 am

iNeedToKnow wrote:While that's true, what about the server itself having a single controlling guild? Wouldn't that be boring during conquest? Cross dungeons is good. Cross PvP is good too.. But they should probably implement something like alliance. It will help with smaller guilds banding together against a big controlling guild and gives more fighting chance during conquest.

And just for haters, I don't come from the small guilds. I'm currently 'residing' in the strongest guild in A&P S3 Dragon Claw. We are only encountering some small hiccups with another guild, and although they are just about a 100k total guild might below us, they don't give us much challenge.. Maybe only some thrashing challenge on world/nearby chat, but other than that, nothing at all. Not even in realms.

What are you thoughts about this?


I like that idea a lot, I'm also in strongest guild on S8 second strongest guild is easy on par with our guild in conquest just comes down to luck in the last 5mins who get there flag down first.
Alliance function would definitely b a great addition to the game just as you stated

Re: servers merge?

Mon May 15, 2017 7:34 am

Alliance function is the most BRILLIANT idea ever so far! in fact, it is AWESOME.

I come from a small guild, in fact, make that a TINY miniscule guild LOL! An alliance with other guild will be fun for us and the controlling guild ... Im sure they would love a good challenge once in awhile!

DEVS please take NOTE of this!!

Re: servers merge?

Mon May 15, 2017 7:59 am

blades wrote:Alliance function is the most BRILLIANT idea ever so far! in fact, it is AWESOME.

I come from a small guild, in fact, make that a TINY miniscule guild LOL! An alliance with other guild will be fun for us and the controlling guild ... Im sure they would love a good challenge once in awhile!

DEVS please take NOTE of this!!


Alliance is nice but the problem with the game is that on each server, 50% of the most active players flock to one guild.

Same would happen with alliances. Once alliance will have a majority of the active players in it. People want to win which is why they flock to the top guild. They are scared of competition.

I'd like to see a drop in the max amounts of players. 85 players in a guild is rediculous.

Re: servers merge?

Mon May 15, 2017 8:10 am

WOW! 85 in a guild? OMG .. I never knew that! Yeah you are sooo right ... its overkill ... maybe MAX 10 would be nice .. many small strong guilds then!
Post a reply