QuickBooks Error OL-222 is a common technical glitch related to the company file. I tried multiple ways but nothing fixed the error permanently. Here the steps that fixed the issue permanently for me and hope they work for you as well.
1. Right-click the .QBO file and click on the option Edit.
2. Choose any text editor app to open the file.
3. Find and remove & from the text as it is an invalid character.
4. Move to File tab to hit on Save.
5. Close the file and open it again in QuickBooks.
The steps above won’t mean they will work for everyone. Find the underlying cause of QuickBooks Error OL-222
and if you are unable to find it contact the QB support team.